My mom told me (in her angry righteous ‘Christian’ voice) to stop watching Supernatural because it’s “pumping evil into our home and causing problems in other parts of the house”. Honestly, I’m not sure whether to be seriously confused or worried by this, or whether laugh.
In an increasingly secular world, how can a Christian be against the only pop culture voice that acknowledges the potential existence of demons and angels and debates the role of the human soul?
Lazy Christians find Satan in art, and ban it. Thinking Christians find God in art, and use it.
As G.K. Chesterton (the Christian who was key in converting C.S. Lewis to Christianity) said:
“Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
(Source: serialbloggr)blog comments powered by Disqus
- serialbloggr reblogged this from alanaisreading and added:
- setitallaflameandrunfree likes this
- alanaisreading reblogged this from serialbloggr and added:
- theotherrabbit reblogged this from serialbloggr and added:
- upsidedownboat reblogged this from serialbloggr and added:
- serialbloggr posted this